On the Move in 2011!
It seems like only yesterday we were packing up boxes, moving into the new Outlier headquarters and bidding farewell to our old office space. But here it is—the end of 2011!
From new digs and new team members to exciting client work, it's been a whirlwind of a year. In the process we’ve sharpened our skills and polished our craft—from websites and traditional marketing projects to large scale systems designed to help clients handle complex business processes, our work over the past year inspires us and pushes us to do even more in the new year.
Here is a brief sample of some of the highlights for the Outlier team in 2011!
- E-Commerce site labnetinternational.com includes a product catalog designed to be accessible and intuitive for Labnet customers and international distributors. Outlier also creates a backend designed for simple content management for Labnet staff to use.
- It's true what they say, variety truly is the spice of life! The team is thrilled to dig into new projects for longterm client Sheldon Manufacturing: first, a new energy widget that calculates money savings from the purchase of new low-energy products. The widget operates based on user's location and is coded for easy embedding of the sales tool. We get another fun project with the creation an interactive educational tool designed for both students and professionals. The new tool features dozens of interactive slides and a quiz at the end to test users' newfound knowledge.
- Outlier has a record year with our own projects, too! In spring of 2011 Outlier launches the SproutNOVA ad network; the new affiliate network targets the scientific community, providing writers and product suppliers a place to connect and share knowledge.
- Speaking of science, Outlier website LabGrab.com has more than 600 articles posted in 2011, making the site one of most popular online resources for finding science and industry-related news. New features are also added, like the new Grab More Science app, allowing users to personalize news choices based on their interests. Fun!
- Last but not least, Outlier continues to expand our professional skills and services in 2011: from deepening our knowledge of content management system Drupal to new marketing materials (like the new Outlier website!) and even adding a new Outlier team member to round out the group. Marketing & Communications specialist Kathleen Martin jumps in to assist the team with writing and marketing duties in summer of 2011 after completing an MBA degree from Portland State University.
As we reflect on the past we also look forward to the challenges and excitement we’ll surely find in the coming year. Thank you to all our clients who helped make 2011 a success, we look forward to growing with you in 2012!
Happy New Year from all of us at Outlier Solutions!